"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A Winter Weekend

Time to post at work is scarce nowadays, but before I even begin my day, here's a quick one. On Friday Mitch and I went skiing at Caberfae with Ray and Kristy. The snow started coming down thick about 15 minutes from the hill, and continued the entire night. The skiing was great, but the drive home was slow and hairy at times. Still, we all made it back home safely. The next day, we went winter camping with the Venture Crew we've been helping Matt lead. Let's just say I've done it now and I don't feel the desire to do it again.

Besides being cold, I definitely felt disappointed by some of the students on the trip. These young men, for the most part, have gone through Boy Scouts and many of them are Eagle Scouts. They are supposed to represent, according to the Scouts, the best leadership qualities, etc. etc. I didn't see that, though; they made little effort to assist those who had never done this type of thing before (mainly the girls on the trip) and didn't take initiative when it came to tending the fire, straightening up camp or anything else.

No comments: