"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Thursday, January 05, 2006

I'm thankful for...

...things I wanted to happen that didn't happen. How many times has God kept me from making mistakes that could have wrecked something I hold dear? At least once for me, and I am completely aware of it now.

...my husband, who woke me up by snuggling me in the middle of the night and doesn't remember it this morning.

...my friends, both old, new and rediscovered. You light up my world. Take care of yourself, Bruce. You know everyone here is praying for your safe return next year.

1 comment:

Jerry Ross said...

I agree. God has often answered my prayers by doing the exact opposite of what i've asked, only to have me thank him later for it. It's comforting because, in a sense, it means you don't have to worry about praying for the wrong thing.