Yesterday, 2:15 pm: I get called into a meeting that isn't on my calendar by the VP. We're talking about the results of our consultant's latest visit and apparently I have a voice in the office. This can't possibly take more than an hour. I really want to hear that Republican guy speak at 3:30.
3:30 pm: They're still talking. I stop talking and start jiggling my leg and checking the clock every three minutes.
3:40 pm: We move onto a new topic and I ask the room full of Democrats if they need me anymore. They razz me, because they know where I'm going, and I jet. It was a good talk basically designed to raise awareness about Dick DeVoss as the Rep. candidate for governor. Don't take me too seriously on this, folks, but he basically owns GR and that city seems to be prospering for it. Let's give him a chance with the whole state, because anything is better than what we've got now!
At the end of the day, I was feeling very good about myself and had this whole blog in my head about self-identity and a series of affirmations that, no matter what others might say, I don't hold the wrong political beliefs as long as I voice them respectfully and respect others' beliefs, too; that I can't choose the wrong church as long as I keep my heart and mind open; that I can't wear the wrong shoes, the wrong hairdo, the wrong outfit as long as I like what I see in the mirror; etc. etc. etc. By the way, these are all things I struggle with on a daily basis because the opinions of others matter WAY too much to me.
Then I spent this morning shopping in Novi - ugh. We could never live there. I'd feel ugly and unfashionable all the time!
As you may have guessed from that statement, I have the day off today. I had a few doctors appointments, one that went all right and the other that was great. How many orthodontists do you know who will not only remember an old, old patient but actually make you a new retainer for free and call it a wedding gift? With this, I highly recommend Dr. Debbie Priestapp in Milford whenever your kids need orthodontic work! Now, rather than going home, I'm hanging out in the Lyon Township Library, taking advantage of their wireless. I tried Caribou Coffee in New Hudson first, and they said I probably wouldn't be able to get it unless I went to Novi. Someone needs to tell them that the library down the road is GREAT!
OK, this is getting kind of long, so I better let you, my faithful readers, return to your lives. Thanks for checking in!
No comments:
Post a Comment