Photos from Christmas (including the party we had at our apartment) and New Years Eve at Matt and Jon's are up on my Yahoo site. The link is on the right side of the screen...go check them out when you have some time to kill!
I didn't climb last night, but Mitch and Gabe went and apparently set this killer route. They're hoping it's about a 5.10c but by the time they were done setting, they were too tired to climb it. Next on their list is a solid 5.10 for me to work on, which may go up on Saturday while I am on a Habitat for Humanity build. Yippee!
It's strange to me to be so content where we are right now. I mean, I spent all last year hating where we were living and now I like our place, my job, the friends in the area, the activities, etc. We know we don't want to stay here permanently, though, and talked a little about what kind of town we want to settle down in when it comes time to raise a family. Midland came up, but currently the lack of climbing facilities is a big negative. Ryan, oh economic development guru...wanna work on that for us? :)
1 comment:
Well, since you two were looking for climbing facilities, I called the Midland Community Center and got them to install a climbing wall. And draft a release form. Which is here.
http://midlandcommunitycenter.org/wwwroot/mcc/climbingwall.cfm
Please note that I've never actually seen this wall, so I don't know if it's any good (not that neophytes like me could judge that in any event), but at least you know you have options. :)
Ryan
Post a Comment