"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Swingin' again

It's another swing shift, only I've enjoyed this one. I would still be busily calling prospective students, but I'm waiting for a student to call and I don't want to miss it. I know the conversation could be a long-ish one, and I really want to leave by 7 pm. My sweet husband will be waiting for me to eat my tasty crockpot concoction and my girls from the office are getting together for pre-college fair festivities that I'd like to join - talk about some great motivation!

I feel a little bad about leaving Mitch again this evening, since yesterday I didn't get back from my college fair in Lakeland until midnight, but it's not often that I get to hang out with these great gals outside the confines of the office. Mitch and I will be spending the whole weekend together (although Fri. and Sat. night will both be spent in a hotel room with my parents) so I guess he won't be too bummed.

Work is busy, and I've recently opened up a big can of worms regarding our website. I think that stuff is going to take up more and more of my time, but I enjoy it. I'm also making progress in getting a new territory - the one by my parents' house. It turns out that the girl who currently has it would rather be in the North, because she's from Manton. Score! Her and I were both at the college last night and had a long drive (thanks to a jack-knifed semi at Fowlerville) to scheme.

OK, this kid has 8 minutes to call me before I roll out of here. Now it's six minutes, because I was chatting with one of our student workers. He's going to take over the Adventure Club - finally! He seems very excited about it, and has four other friends working with him to revive it. Sounds like some people I know from a few years back. :)

No comments: