Sometimes you have to be thankful for an everyday activity that can teach you something.
I was peeling a grapefruit in the back room at work, which is something I don't normally do. I'd rather just cut it in half and neatly cut out the sections, but for whatever reason, I found myself tearing off the thick skin and working the fruit out of the membranes. Here I am, dripping all over the counter and sometimes into the trash can below me, when I realized that peeling a grapefruit is a lot like life. There are times when it's messy and unpleasant, but it doesn't stay like that. You will eventually get through whatever is troubling you at the moment and when you're done, you'll have something to show for it, or at least it will make you appreciate certain things more.
When I finished making my huge lunchtime mess, I washed my hands and had a whole plate full of juicy grapefruit to enjoy for a few moments. It was worth it; life's worth it like that, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment