The Captain is working his magic and dulling the anger, but I'm still steamed. Three things:
1. My VP asking me, in a conversation about how busy I am, whether it's my new responsibilities with alumni that were making me so busy. No shit, Sherlock. You're getting two for the price of one here. Obviously that makes me busy. Common sense.
2. My director telling me a certain figure was being considered for an addition to my salary, to cover the eventual loss of my car and the raise my new position is supposed to give me. It's not even enough to cover the loss of the car - which I emphatically told him. Gee, that's a fine way to value me and the extra work I've been doing for the past few months and will continue to do through the summer, for no extra money until July. I made it clear I would not accept the position under those terms.
3. Our realtor finally doing something ridiculous enough to prompt an email terminating our relationship. Long story short, she neglected to inform us of a house that met all our criteria and was a steal to boot until three weeks after the price was reduced. When I did hear of it, I told her I wanted to see it and she told me, "Oh, it's been sold." In addition, she sucks at communicating and follow-up, and hasn't researched the status of a house in foreclosure that we would really like. See ya.
Oh Captain, my Captain - drink time!
1 comment:
Oh, Laurie!!
I'm sorry it's been such a bummer of a few days recently...I'm glad the Cap'n's making things tolerable, albeit temporarily. Alma better start ponyin' up (as Doc Nichols would say) -- they can't afford to lose you!
Post a Comment