OK, so this post has nothing to do with fireflies...I just love starting to see them light up the fields at night, and I've had two "late night outs" so far this week, giving me plenty of driving time to notice them.
Last week was wonderful. Because the weather was rainy and business was slow, Mitch got to come home on Tuesday evening and stay the entire week! He did a lot of riding while I was at work, including one day where he rode to Alma and back (70 miles, round trip), and in the evenings we just got to spend time together. I miss the little things when he's gone...
Our weekend was another whirlwind: an Alma friend's lovely wedding on Friday, dinner with Mitch's parents on Saturday, and Father's Day with my family on Sunday. That was my first late night: I stayed at the cottage 'til around 9 pm, cleaning up, playing Scrabble and riding in Dad's Chris Craft.
My second late night was yesterday: I drove to Ella Sharp Park in Jackson for a team ride, followed by a lengthy trip to the ice cream parlor. Yum! We were having such a good time, though, that I didn't get home until after 10:30 pm. Since I need my sleep, I'm kinda dragging today! But, in a very cool development, we might be going on a bike trip with some of our teammates after the Boyne Marathon in July...
I realize I haven't done any updating on grad school this term. Let's put it this way...I'm not particularly motivated when it comes to my classes, but luckily, the material is not all that challenging. One of my classes is marketing, which is an area of interest and experience for me. The other is management information systems, which is really a course in e-commerce. Needless to say, there's a lot of overlap and though the e-commerce class requires weekly assignments and quizzes, they're not all that time-consuming. Also, a lot of the work seems individual but my teams seem to have some strong members so I might get to take more of a back seat this time. I do have residency in Flint this weekend, though, so I have to get moving on a couple of things so I'm not the slacker teammate!
Work is going well, too. The viewbook text is with the graphic designer, and I've started writing a new publication on campus life. We also just finished interviewing for some open rep positions, so we should be bringing in some new staff members soon - always exciting! We had a phenomenal pool this time, so it's going to be a tough decision.
Well, time to get back to work - thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment