*On June 1, the Admissions Office hit 400 net commitment deposits for this fall's incoming class! The technical goal is somewhere around 420, but hitting 400 is still a milestone for two reasons: first, Alma has never had three classes of 400+ in a row, so this is another record. Second, many of our peer institutions (like Albion) are unlikely to meet their first year enrollment goals, but we're still likely to do so. This is a HUGE tribute to the efforts of everyone at Alma!
*Yesterday, Alma's president announced her retirement, effective in June 2010. Here's the story, if you're curious. What's not in the announcement: she told my VP that she had no intention of being a lame duck president for her last year. "And if anyone treats me that way, I'll fire 'em!" Rock on, President Tracy!
*My big project at work for the next couple of months is writing new text for the admissions publications. I love it - such fun! Let me give you a draft of the intro, just for a taste:
Redefining: you
Don’t get us wrong – we like you just the way you are. But going to college gives you so many new opportunities to learn and grow beyond who you are at this moment. At Alma College, we’ve seen our students enter eager to pursue or discover a major and emerge having found new dimensions of community, of success, of passion.
The pages that follow contain photos, stories and information so you can see just how Alma redefines pieces of the college experience. Pick them apart. Pull them together. Start to imagine what your next four years could be. Start to redefine you.
(Yes, I am a phenomenal nerd for being so excited about this...)
*I had two good road rides this week: 20 miles on Monday and 10ish on Wednesday. I was supposed to ride home from work yesterday (33 miles), but I had a commitment in Lansing at 7:00 pm and my plans to leave the office at 4:00 pm were foiled by a meeting. Oh well...I'll make the trek next week!
*We have our third race this weekend: Hanson Hills XC. Should be a fun one!
No comments:
Post a Comment