"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Health Update

Yup, it's bronchitis. I figure I had a cold, started to feel better, then aggravated my immune system by going skiing and not sleeping well all weekend. Lovely. I called in on Monday, went in for the morning today before crashing, and will probably do an afternoon stint at work tomorrow. I HATE being sick, and if you were to scroll back through blog entries, you won't find any illnesses but the common cold. It's been ages since I've been laid up like this and I'm WAY tired of it! But I'll just try to be patient and rest up. It's a good week for it: Alma's on Spring Break and the pace at the office has slowed way down.

Well, now that I've checked my email and the usual blogs, I'm going back to finish my book. I'm reading Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet and am really enjoying its intricacies. It's the kind of book I'll probably revisit this summer, when I don't feel the need to plow through it at a furious pace. Do all the rest of you read your books multiple times? I always feel like I get more out of them the second and third times.

1 comment:

PastSelf said...

Sorry to hear you're laid up! Our Arabic prof. just succumbed to the flu--had to cancel an entire week of classes--and it was her first such illness in ten+ years. Ick.

Yeah, I LOVE re-reading books. I used to do it more often than I do now (less time, more "relevant"/timely/"important" nonfiction books to go through), but there are a few oldies-but-goodies that always seem to be read about once a year. And yeah, those extra little nuggets you find on the third and fourth times through are sweet...although I have to admit, part of the fun is the anticipation. [Are we there yet? Aren't we coming to the part where Ender and Dragon Army totally slaughter the other team with that SWEET moving wall-of-soldiers trick?]

Word verification: izvauiz -- it iz vat it iz!