"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Friday, February 22, 2008

Home Sick

I finally gave in and took a day off. Since last Wednesday, I've basically been struggling through each day, coming home exhausted (though trying not to show it) and just not getting better. See, it's a really busy time of the year for visits so I was meeting with lots of families and they were pretty much sucking the life out of me. I feel like I should be at work as long as I'm upright, but when your VP asks you to go home halfway through the day, you know you're in bad shape. So I called in this morning, slept almost 12 hours, and plan to spend the day doing a whole lot of nothing. Good thing our couch is very comfortable!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, Laurie. Good for you.
--Ryan

PastSelf said...

Get well soon, chica! Bummed to hear you're under the weather...