Finally, I've started to get rid of my biker tan! Summer has officially arrived once I've started spending weekends lounging on the pontoon boat, soaking up the sunshine. It lifted my spirits, as did all the time we spent together and with our wonderful friends.
First, we revisited Mt. Pleasant-style shenanigans with Ray and Kristy. They came up to South Lyon and we grilled, went sailing with the Captain, and played games until 1:00 am. You have not known fun until you play tipsy Twister with people unashamed of close butt-to-face contact!
Second, we took advantage of Sunday's beautiful weather and went to the lake. (After making a side trip to Target so I could pick up a new bathing suit, which will stay at the lake, in all its clearance-rack glory, for the times I forget to bring a suit!) Rehydrating after our night o' fun, the four of us went swimming in the brisk water and hung out as long as possible.
Third, we headed to Lansing for dinner and a movie with the rest of the Alma crew. Our friend, Bruce, announced his engagement, and then we all laughed throughout The Hangover, making jokes afterward about his eventual bachelor party!
I'll be taking this next week one day at a time and praying a lot. Last week was rough (as you could tell from my last post) but Ryan reminded me how much I need to turn to God for strength and ask His forgiveness for my failure to trust in Him.
1 comment:
Aw, shucks. Thanks, Laurie. I'll have to sit on the balcony with a beer more often!
For what it's worth, I too need to ask forgiveness. Like, every single day.
Ryan
Post a Comment